Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So I Gots "the Sugar"

Last week I had a doctor's appointment so that I could get something to tame my horrible anxiety lately as it seems I'm stuck in my job. Along with getting pills for that I had some blood work done and a urinalysis. The results came back and it turns out I have diabetes, type II.

That sucks...however, I knew it was coming considering that my dad has it, his father had it and so do all of his sisters. That and my weight are contributing factors.

It makes me feel like I can't eat anything because let's face it, my dad is the best example of what NOT to do when one is diabetic. I'm going to be seeing a diabetes nutritionist soon, but for now I'm going to stick with vegetables and some fruit.

So goodbye delicious sugary sweet foods! Goodbye sumptuous salty foods! It's been fun but thanks for nothing.

I really think I can get it under control cause it's not that bad, but still.

Oh, and hello exercise!

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Welcome to the Diabetes Family!

Well...not really a family, but at least I have a friend that can commiserate with me.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis.