Tuesday, November 04, 2008

How blessed we are!!


It has only been a couple hours since Barack Obama was elected as the 44th President of the United States of America.

But more signifigantly he is the first African-American President to be elected in our nation's history. I am proud to say I was a part of that.

In every election previously I have always voted for the Republican nominee and almost did so this year. But the more I listened to Obama, even more so, read up on Obama and John McCain, the more I felt good about casting my vote for Obama. My feeling about that was solidified in August when the Vice-President nominees were announced and McCain chose the beautiful, but bewildering, Sarah Palin (who can see Russia from her house!).

But back to this evening. Unfortunately the only word I can find to describe my feelings is AWESOME! We essentially are witnessing one of the all time great moments in American history. To me, I feel like we are witnessing the signing of the Constitution, Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's "I have a dream" speech. No other generation, with the exception of the one that will see a woman elected president, will have such a great opportunity and blessing.

I do not think Obama is perfect. However, I do believe he honestly has the best intentions and ideas and is more than willing to work for the improvement of our Nation, which right now is hurting....badly!

So I tip my hat to Obama!! And I tip my hat to John McCain, who so graciously offered up his support of Obama. And I tip my hat to those of you who voted, for whoever you voted for. Way to exercise your right and freedom as a citizen of this blessed United States of America!

No comments: