Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Review of Awakening Land, The (1978/TV) (3 DVD Set)

Originally submitted at WB Shop

Unschooled homesteader Sayward Luckett couldn’t read her name if you showed it to her, yet she fell in love with and married agnostic, book-learned frontier lawyer Portius Wheeler. Now it’s time to make a life with him in wild, wooded 1790s Ohio Territory. There will be children, seven in all; joy ...


Great Liz Montgomery movie!

By David*P from Salt Lake City, UT on 1/27/2010

 

4out of 5

Pros: Informative, Entertaining, Engaging Characters, Original, Great Cinematography, High Production Value

Best Uses: Adult Viewers, Perfect Gift, At Home

Describe Yourself: Movie Buff

I've been waiting years for this awesome TV movie trilogy to be released and Warner Bros has come through! The picture quality overall is great, though there are few places where the film becomes a lighter blue.

And the only disappointment is finding out that in the first part on Disc 1 there are five minutes missing:( I hope Warner Bros can find a better copy of this first disc and make a way for those of us that purchased to get it.

(legalese)

2 comments:

tennessee mike said...

WB should be able to do that. When I bought the Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD, the third movie had a problem with the framing on the widescreen edtion that they only found out after they pressed the discs. Enough people caught it/complained about it and Universal set up a phone number for the issue. I sent my old disc in and they sent me a new & corrected "Version 2" disc to replace it.

David said...

I certainly hope they do it...I didn't know about the missing scene however the part that is missing would help make a certain part make more sense.