Thursday, January 14, 2010

Unicorns! Rainbows! Bunnies! Oh my!! PBBBBBBTTT!!!


Everyone always says that your day is what you make of it. I especially remember my Grandma Slack telling me when I'd complain about having to go to school, especially that part about waking up early, "Now, David, if you just tell yourself 'I'm going to be happy and have a great day' than you will."

BULL SH*T!

I have tried and tried these past couple months, every so often, to look at my job from a different point of view. I will honestly get to the point where I think, "You know? What are you complaining about? It's not that bad. In fact, it's good. You have great co-workers, you make money, and it's close to home." And then I'll take my first call of the day and that is not only blown to smithereens, but it's chewed, swallowed, digested and the crapped out in a big ol' lump of IN YA FACE!!!

Today was no exception. And I know everyone is tired of hearing me complain but I literally will go crazy and blow up if I don't! There is no where for it to go. So I've tried my damnedest since my last blow up here to not say anything about work, I've tried on Facebook and elsewhere, but I just can't do it. I figured that I would save my griping for those that truly understand and that would be my co-workers.

So today at lunch, after a harrowing morning of listening to bigoted blow-hards and crabby ignorant "people", I went into how much I thought it was a bunch of crap to have to put up with it when immediately one of my co-workers shoots me down and says, "You know we have to deal with negativity out there, and I'm sorry, but if you're going to bring negativity to the breaks, I'm going to have to leave."

*SIGH*

So really, I understand where she's coming from because she agrees with what I've been saying all along: it's nothing BUT negativity when dealing with our customers. However, I CAN NOT act like everything is OK, and that I'm fine with people telling me how horrible the company is I work for, how I essentially don't know anything, how I should even flinch at their not paying their bill etcetera. That's not how I'm designed! I'm designed to be me and guess what? ME doesn't give one rat's ass about something so STUPID as an unpaid bill, a broken piece of equipment, nor what you think about what you're paying for. I can't even ACT like I care. Now, were these people to tell me about how their wife is divorcing them, how they don't know how to control their kids, how they feel lost in life, how they enjoy mountain biking, THEN I would truly care.

I felt like Co-worker wanted me to come in and sing about unicorns, and candy, and kittens and clouds just so I can stay positive. Well, screw that!! Every time I do try to be positive, that energy is retaliated with more than double the amount of negativity coming from the customers and I'm not doing it!

I am in the midst of searching for other employment, but please understand, I am have to vent or I will literally have a melt down.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Vent away Davit. I totally understand, and am right there with you. Plus I'd just like to add to the fact that working in West Valley City is depressing enough let alone dealing with shitty people on the phones all day.

Mackenzie said...

Sorry that works sucks so bad! I want to go some place where everyone eats rainbows and poops butterflies! (Name that movie)

If it is any consolation, I still love your guts. If that isn't any consolation, put a gun in my hand and I will go to work!!!

David said...

I'm glad you understand Michelle. All though working in WVC is the least of my worries...however if I lived where you do and worked there, then I would be irritated.

Mackenzie, that does make me feel better, so put your gun away...I'm not ready to go yet! And I can't remember the name of the movie but that's exactly how I feel:)

Michelle said...

I just looked at the picture again. Is that unicorn blowing out a rainbow colored fart?

David said...

Yes, Michelle, it is...which is why I chose it:) LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Michelle said...

AWESOME. This picture needs to be on our first album cover of Ass N' Roses!